- A relevant UK honours degree of 2:2 or above or equivalent for Gateshead Primary SCITT;
- A relevant UK honours degree of 2:1 or above or equivalent for Gateshead SCITT Alliance (Primary) School Direct;
- Grade C GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Science and English – (Key Skills and Functional Skills are not accepted in place of GCSE’s);
- You must register for the Mathematics & English QTS Skills Tests once you have applied for the course at Skill Test Booking.
- Minimum two weeks, or equivalent, school placement experience before commencing the course, or other recent activities that demonstrate a particular interest in working with children
- Ability to travel between different training locations within the Gateshead Primary SCITT/Gateshead SCITT Alliance partnership schools (all accessible by public transport)
- A completed self-declaration health questionnaire – applicants may be required to undertake a medical examination arranged by the Occupational Health Unit
- Declaration of any criminal convictions through an enhanced clearance from the Disclosure & Barring Service
- Personal qualities and experience:
- Experience relevant to working with young children
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to EYFS and Primary Education
There is no one set of criteria that makes a good teacher. Postgraduates come from all walks of life and come with a broad range of experiences.